Research Associate - Pathology
Department: R&D/Excelsior Labs
Type: Full-Time Regular
Location: Madison, WI
Excelsior Labs is a CRO providing exceptional in vivo drug discovery research services to biotech and pharmaceutical sponsors engaged in pre-clinical drug development. Excelsior Labs enables sponsors to remain science focused by delivering high quality and reliable in-vivo services and data. The Research Associate - Pathology will contribute to the development, growth, and optimization of Excelsiorís premier lab operation. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be an independent self-starter with an intellectual curiosity and a commitment to quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with guidelines from the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC)
- Performs gross necropsy and tissue collection procedures on rodent models as directed by study protocols
- Trims wet tissues
- Embeds and prepare tissues/slides
- Maintains familiarity with staining techniques
- Obtains samples and fix/prepare as appropriate
- Maintains animal husbandry and housekeeping of animal holding and support areas
- Prepares and maintains required activity records and forms
- Adheres to standard operating procedures in compliance with all state, federal and industry requirements
- Demonstrates skill with various laboratory equipment and data collection tools
- Performs general lab maintenance tasks
- Be a resource for research staff and proactively analyze problems
- Maintains biosecurity for the facility
- Bachelorís Degree in an applicable biological science, or Associateís Degree in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology.
- Previous years of experience with necropsy, histology, and microtomy preferred
- Familiarity with procedures such as gross necropsy and tissue harvest preferred
- ASCP HT or HTL certification is a plus!
Submit Your Resume Below